Sunday, July 26, 2009

things have been really busy again. this is really great and really exhausting at the same time. I had a pretty fun week at work. Thursday I went to the Tokyo Gas Showroom and the "What is gas?" Museum (trust me, way more fun than it sounds), and Friday I got a tour of newspaper companies in Tokyo (the Gas Energy Newspaper, Tokyo Newspaper Reporter's Club, and Mainichi Newspaper Company buildings). Unfortunately, the cheap heels I bought before I left just aren't at all supportive or helpful for gallavanting around Tokyo trying to keep up with Japanese businessmen.

Friday night I went to a local bar with the homestay mom to meet with her gospel group. Saturday was the Hundred Lantern Festival that Bushu Gas and the interns participate in every year. Sunday I volunteered with another intern at the International Junior Soccer finals. We gave the medals to the first, second and third-place teams.

More on this later I hope. I keep trying to write down things I want to post later: more on these events and how this country just does not take care of themselves--they never drink water (only juices and tea), go to the bathroom or stop to cool off in the high-humidity, persistently high 80-90 degree weather. Yikes.

Good night. Turning off the air conditioner before I go to bed :(

No comments: