Tuesday, July 21, 2009

long time, no update

I've been typing my these entries into Word for the past few days because of lack of Internet, and although I have Internet at work, I have no time to upload them there (and I also forgot to put the Word file from my computer on flash drive ><). I've been using my free time for getting a start on the Japanese version of my final report, researching internships, jobs, and fellowships in Japan, and also looking into reservations and activities for when my dad gets here. My experience with Japan is if you don't by the tickets or reserve something for a trip a month in advance you probably won't get to go if its a popular event.

I have learned something else valuable from this internship: Never assume two groups are keeping each other informed, even though they're supposed to. I recently told the workers from the Saitama government that I'd volunteer to help at the International Junior Soccer Tournament that's taking place at Saitama Stadium. After talking with them I was pretty sure they'd inform my company of this and let them know I was going to stay at one of the Saitama worker's houses (where another intern will be staying) because it's a little far. I happened to mention it today, and they had no idea about it. Whoops.

If the next house has a nice internet connection then I'll upload the rest of the entries tonight. For now, I'm getting back to work.

No comments: